Thursday, October 11, 2012

Diva Challenge #90 String Theory v. XIII

This week's challenge is to use String 001 from TanglePatterns  string series.  I rarely use a string I just start tangling.  On those occasions that I do use a string, I usually don't stick to it I just go where the tangle takes me and it's usually outside the string, so this was a good challenge for me.  For the most part I did stay within the bounds of the border and the string.  Maybe I'll start to use a few more just for the fun of it.
 


click on image for a larger view


Will be teaching a ZIA class soon so I've been experimenting - trying out different pens and tangling on different surfaces.  This metal switch plate is the latest adventure.  Pens used - Identi-Pen and Microperm 01.  I have a plastic switch plate to try next and I resisted buying the birch one for woodburning.  I'm happy with the way it turned out but will probably go back and add some shading with hash marks.  Still looking for a suitable pen for non-porous surfaces.



8 comments:

Susan said...

Beautiful tile! Your switchplate is such a clever idea and I like the tangles you have chosen. Nice.

Linda Farmer said...

LOVE your switchplate cover, Suzanne. I have a collection of interesting ones, but none tangled so far. Do you need to give it some type of sealant?

Ethyl Formate, AKA http://thelma.smugmug.com/ said...

Your tangle for Challenge #90 is a wonderful example of how shading can really increase the depth and texture of a tangle. Very nice. And the flow of the tangles you picked for the switch plate is marvelous. Again, very nice! Thank you for keeping me inspired! -- Candy

Anne's tangle blog said...

Both are beautiful! I think you did a great job shading.

Unknown said...

Great string tangle. And I love the idea of the switch plate. My kitchen is done in black and white, so the plates done in zentangle would be a good conversation piece...lol

ledenzer said...

Two excellent examples of how a simple string can become something spectacular!

Rebecca said...

Ooo I really like the second one. So pretty.

Anonymous said...

If you look in the scrapbooking section of the craft store you will find several pens designed for writing on photographs (Slickwriter is the name of one, I think). They may work for non-porous surfaces.

Thanks for all the inspiration!

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated on older posts so comments will not appear immediately.