Sunday, February 2, 2014

Diva Challenge 152 - Aquafleur

One of the things I love about Zentangle is the freedom to go wherever your pen on paper takes you - no specific outcome required.  Leading up to the holidays what with prepping for a craft show and making gifts I was more in production mode vs enjoying the process.  This challenge and this pattern in particular was a great way to get back into the creative process.

Once again what started out as my original idea is nowhere to be found in this tile.  What I found most interesting is that for a long time it felt like it was unfinished.  I kept thinking I would be adding to it, however every time I went back to it to add something I felt stuck, unsure of what I wanted to add.  Some of that, I'm sure comes from my limited appreciation of white space.  If there's open space I'm usually filling it with a tangle.  One of my goals this year is use and appreciate the beauty of open space in my work. I'm glad I listened and resisted the urge to fill in all that white space!

Aquafleur

click image for larger view

3 comments:

Robin said...

It's beautiful just the way it is! Good choice. Isn't it funny how different tangles often turn out from what we envisioned?

Anne's tangle blog said...

You did very well leaving the open space!!! The tile is beautiful.

Ronnie said...

I think it's beautiful and doesn't need a thing more. Great job!

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated on older posts so comments will not appear immediately.