Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Zentangle Diva Challenge 181 Water

Water - it's an on-going topic of conversation and concern here in CA these days as we are experiencing yet again very severe drought conditions.  Some mandatory water conservation efforts are now in place.  Here in SoCal most of our water is imported from the Colorado river and to a lesser degree from northern California.  What little winter snow pack we have in SoCal mountains supplements that but there has been very little winter snow pack for the past few years so the reservoirs are quite low.

Instead of the seascape that I probably would have done I decided on rain as the inspiration for my tile. How many different ways could I represent rain - maybe if I draw enough of it the rains will come.  Aah, if only it were that simple.

Water

Pop-Cloud, Msst, Printemps, CO2, Tipple, Sanibelle, Rain, Fescu,
Zinger, Lightening Bolt & one name that escapes me



I've also been doing a bit of woodburning.  Just ordered some fun bracelets and cuffs.  Right now I'm just in experimentation mode but if it works out will be adding them to my winter shows and maybe finally open the online shop instead of just threatening to do it!





Also on the woodburning front - I'll be teaching mini intro class - Woodburning 101 - click on the Zentangle Classes page at the top of the blog for the details.

11 comments:

Daniele OBrien Design, CZT said...

If your tile doesn't bring the rain than nothing will. Lot's of energy, great rain tangles. Love your woodburned bangles!

Anonymous said...

Your rain tile is great and I hope for you it works as a rain dance and you get some. I love your bangles!

Kia said...

great depiction of rain. Here's hoping you get some.

Annette P.-L. said...

Very lovely your rain tile! Like your choice of tangles! Wonderful your woodburned bangle, too!

Anoeska said...

Your tile really represents the weather in Holland right now. Lovely tile though!

Tangles and More said...

I like your depiction in your tile. Saw it earlier and meant to comment but had not gotten around to it. Like the bangles. Congratulations and good luck on the wood burning classes. Will be interesting to hear how it turns out.

HeidiSue said...

Yes! Loving the storm energy in your tile! and the wooden jewelry is cool. It takes a steady hand for woodburning.

Anne's tangle blog said...

Your tile is impressive and next to rain dancing, it will probably bring some rain. I wish I could send you some, because there is a lot (A LOT) of it here in the Netherlands.
I like the wood burning, would like to try that myself one day.

Omer said...

Aha, It's summer and 34 deg celcius where I'm from, with humidity and everything... And looking at your tile, I suddenly had the refreshing feeling or rain. Unbelievable.
Thank you :)

jeanchaneyaz said...

I think you need to go outside and dance to get rain :) I love your tile though, especially the nice big bolt of lightning. I think your bracelets are beautiful and you should definitely open a shop!

Holly {ha! designs} said...

Your tile definitely calls out for rain... Which we DO desperately need! Beautifully drawn! I enjoyed seeing your wood burning as well... Nicely done!

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated on older posts so comments will not appear immediately.