Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Diva Challenge #330 Zentangle Plates

The Diva Challenge this week,  Zentangle Plates is from guest blogger Jeanette Clawson.  Jeanette offered two ways to complete the challenge, one is to draw the circular strings using 4 tiles for a Mosaic Mandala or to complete just one tile.

I enjoy creating mandalas so chose the 4 tile option.  Rather than have each tile be the same I decided for a more mosaic look using different tangles on each tile.  I did make an exception for the center section and the outer most ring, those are the same on each tile. That provided just the right amount of continuity for my eye.

Challenge #330
4 Tiles and the Mosaic
Click any image for larger view


Golven - Fiore - Puf - Hi-Cs


Rounding It Up - Ribn - Trivet - Hi-Cs


Yew-Dee - Quib - (made it up) -  Hi-Cs


'Nzeppel - Asgard - Ditto - Hi-Cs



There were so many ways to display the mosaic -
but this one appealed to my eye more than the others.




One more Mandala -  at our monthly Zentangle Club last week, the project was a mandala drawn on Kraft-Tex Fabric Paper and then affixed to a cork trivet.









8 comments:

ria matheussen said...

Wonderful final result, I like the four tiles but putting them together gives a beautiful mandala. Your other work is great too!

Michele Wynne said...

Wow! Your plate series is amazing. I want to zoom in on every line😍

Margaret Bremner, Artist said...

Wonderful! I like that you used the same tangle in all the central sections; it really gives the whole thing cohesion. (And Golven... another tangle I forgot about when drawing my "plates"!)

Anne's tangle blog said...

A great idea to use the same tangles in the center and the most outer line. I love the end result.

Annette P.-L. said...

Absolutely wonderful! Lovely contrast and great choice of tangles!

jeanchaneyaz said...

Beautiful as done this way. I chose to keep only the center the same too so it makes for an interesting yet cohesive composition.

Suzanne Fluhr said...

Your Diva challenge "quarter plates" and final mosaic are wonderful. I like your idea of keeping the center pattern uniform. I didn't and it made for an overly disconnected mosaic.

Jeanette said...

I'm so glad you joined the challenge. Sorry to take so long to get back to you, but I really love how you combined continuity and variation in your mosaic!

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated on older posts so comments will not appear immediately.